– UWI M.P.H.
– (1991) Masters in Public Health
– (1989) Elevated to Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (FRCOG)
– (1978) Admitted as a Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (FACOG)
– UWI (1976) Master of Surgery M.S (O&G)
– (1975) Admitted as a Member of the Royal College of Obstetrician and Gynaecologists (MRCOG)
– (1970)M.B.B.S UWI – Bachelor of Medicine of Surgery
Dr. McDonald is a former student of the Wolmer’s High School for Girls and a graduate of the University of the West Indies. She has experience working at the Kingston Public Hospital, Victoria Jubilee Hospital and the University Hospital of the West Indies. Dr. McDonald has also taught as a senior lecturer at the University of Technology, Jamaica – School of Public Health and Health Technology. She continues to practice as a private consultant in obstetrics and gynaecology from 1976 to date.