YOU CAN HELP REDUCE ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANCE:
Always follow the advice of a qualified healthcare professional when taking antibiotics.
1. Taking antibiotics when they are not needed accelerates emergence of antibiotic resistance, one of the biggest threats to global health.
2. Antibiotic resistant infections can lead to longer hospital stays, higher medical costs and more deaths.
3. Overuse of antibiotics can cause bacteria to become resistant, meaning current treatments will no longer work.
4. Antibiotic resistant infections can affect anyone, of any age, in any country.
5. It is bacteria itself that becomes resistant to antibiotics- not the person or the animal.
6. When bacteria become resistant to antibiotics common infections will no longer be treatable.
Source: World Health Organization (WHO)